*disclosure: this is a sponsored post
* this giveaway is now closed. congrats to winner Alvina Castro *
Did you check out my Santa belt nails yesterday? Thinking of trying it out for yourself? Well, thanks to L.A. colors, I’m going to make it a little easier for you by giving you the supplies needed to achieve the look.
Enter to win a nail polish kit complete with 3 bottles of polish in a clear base/top coat, animated and 24k gold glitter with the thin nail art brush. This kit also includes a pack of 32 strawberry scented nail polish remover pads. I love those things, they work great and smell amazing!
I’m making this my easiest giveaway to enter! Just leave a comment on this post saying you’d like to win!
Giveaway will remain open from 11/29/12 to 12/1/12. Each entry will be given a number and winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Winner has 24 hours to contact me to verify their win before a new winner will be chosen. Prize will ship within 2 business days of verified win.
I love the christmas holiday season and decorating for it so much that for the whole month of December I’ll be doing christmas designs for my DIY manicures!
The first of these is the Santa belt nails. Follow along with my step by step tutorial to get the look on your nails.
You’ll need your base/top coat, red, black and your thin art brush in gold. I’m using all L.A. Color polishes.
Paint your base coat followed by one or two coats of red. Take your black and swipe a line near the bottom of your nail. Take your gold and draw a rectangle around the black belt to make your buckle.
I’ve been to the North Pole. I’ve met Santa. I’ve boarded the Polar Express.
The Polar Express, a book by author Chris Van Allsburg, and subsequent Warner Brothers film, has come to life.
Board passenger cars and be entertained on your 30 minute train ride to the North Pole by dancing chefs who bring you cups of hot chocolate and cookies as music from the movie streams through the speakers. Settle in for a recorded reading of the book by the author as you chug along through the piney woods.
When you reach the North Pole, Santa will board your train to personally deliver a gift to each child.
Fill the ride back to the station caroling along with fellow passengers, led by your dancing chefs.
To make the drive to Palestine worth the time and to get the best experience you can, follow my tips.
1. Take the first train of the day (5:15 on the day we went). This ensures that there’ll still be daylight as you ride through the woods, making for a much more scenic tour and getting to see a gorgeous sunset while on board.
2. Arrive early. We planned to get there 2 hours early and that time went by too quickly with us exploring the surrounding woods, walking the train tracks, checking out the gift shop and snapping pictures with the engineer.
3. Bring your own additional drinks and snacks. Besides the hot chocolate and cookie on the train, nothing else is served.
4. Wear your pajamas. It’s not only accepted, it’s recommended, fun for your kids, and comfortable.
5. Come camera ready! There’s unlimited amounts of gorgeous scenery and photo ops in this unique Christmas treat!
Now for my pro/con list…
1. Incredibly unique holiday adventure
2. Fun and exciting for the whole family
3. Gorgeous wooded scenery
4. Opportunity for an old fashioned train engine ride
5. Brings a child’s favorite holiday movie to life
6. Santa personally greets and gives each child a gift
1. Disappointing quality Santa and North Pole (think fake beard mall Santa)
All in all, I recommend making a family day or even over night trip experience of it. Check out the Texas state railroad for further details, to check the schedule and purchase tickets.
* this giveaway is now closed. Congrats to winner Kelly W. *
Remember that Texas based jewelry company A Tad Monroe I told you about a couple of days ago? Well I’m partnering with them to bring you a chance to win one of their gorgeous hand made creations!
Enter to win a pair of ivory druzy stone drop earrings; textured opaque ivory stones ringed in gold. These little beauties will be perfect for your upcoming holiday parties, adding just the right amount of glittered frosting to your look.
Here’s how to enter…
MANDATORY FOR YOUR ENTRY…
OPTIONAL TO EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES…
- subscribe to my blog
- follow me on twitter
- follow A Tad Monroe on twitter
- tweet about the giveaway tagging me
- share the link on facebook tagging my fan page
- follow me on instagram @ christina_coker
** MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG POST TELLING ME HOW MANY ENTRIES AND WHICH ONES YOU’VE DONE OR YOUR ENTRIES WILL NOT COUNT **
ex. I just liked both pages on instagram, followed both on twitter and subscribed to your blog
All entries are verified and false entrants will be disqualified from the giveaway. Each entry will be given a number and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Contest will remain open from 11/26/12 to 12/3/12. Winner will be announced on this post and notified by email. Winner has 48 hours to contact me to verify their win otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Item will ship from A Tad Monroe and I am not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen packages.
Good luck to all you entrants and let the giveaway begin!